Would you like to turn off cookies from specific parties, you can do so via www.youronlinechoices.com.
WHAT IS A COOKIE?
A cookie is a small text file created by a website that is stored in the user’s computer.
The so-called “session cookies” are stored temporarily for that session only and expire at the end of the browser session. They can capture your activities during the browser session.
The so-called “Permanent cookies” are saved permanently on your hard disk and are able to capture your settings or activities on multiples websites. These cookies are stored until deleted by the user.
Cookies cause no risk to your computer as they are simply text files and not executable programs.
Cookies provide a way for the website to recognize you and keep track of your preferences to form the base of your personalised content. HEDGREN may also use the information it obtains from the cookies to improve the website’s usability and to gain insight in how you and other visitors use the Website by gathering statistical land usage data, enabling us among others to provide a better user experience on the Website.
WHAT SORT OF COOKIES DO WE USE? In short:
Functional cookies or necessary cookies
Functional cookies ensure that our online store is functioning properly. Consider, for example, features such as placing an article in your cart or paying for your order.
With analytical cookies we collect statistics with the help of third parties about how our online store is used. By measuring the web store use we can continue improving our shop to the benefit of our users.
We place marketing cookies on our online store. Third parties may also place marketing cookies on our Web store. We do this so that based on your online surf, search and buying behaviour we can offer you relevant offerings. These marketing cookies also allow us to track which offers you have seen.
Functional or necessary cookies
Functional cookies ensure that the online store of hedgren.com is functioning properly. These include:
- Sending a message after a non-finalized order so you don't lose the items in the shopping cart;
- Saved browser settings so you can view our online store optimally on your screen;
- The ability to save your login information so you do not have to re-enter it each time;
- Detecting possible abuse or possible problems in our online store, for example, by registering successive failed login attempts.
We use third party cookies to analyse shopping behaviour. These statistics give us insight into how often we are visited and where we can improve our online store. This way we can continually optimize our online store experience. Amongst other the following data is stored:
- The IP address which is made anonymous;
- Technical characteristics, such as the browser you are using (such as Chrome, Safari or Firefox), the resolution of your computer screen, your language preference and which device you are using;
- The page you came to the online store from;
- When and how long you visit or use the online store;
- If you're using functionalities of the Web store. For example, placing an order or viewing previous purchases;
- Which pages you visit in our Web store.
These cookies we use for example to:
- To keep track of the number of visitors to our online store;
- To measure how long the visit takes;
- To control the order in which a visitor visit the various pages of our online store.
- We can track which ads you've already seen;
- We can track how many times you have seen an ad;
- We can prevent you from seeing the same ad over and over;
- We can track whether you click on the ads;
- We can track whether you place an order after you have seen or clicked on an ad;
Ad networks and media agencies act as intermediaries for merchants and advertisers. The marketing cookies from these parties make it possible that:
- our advertising partners can combine your preferences at hedgren.com with information they gather from your visits to other websites.
For the cookies these parties place for marketing purposes, we refer you to the statements on the websites of these parties. Because these statements can change regularly, we recommend you to consult these privacy and cookie statements frequently. The following parties post on our online store cookies and/or other techniques:
We only make use of marketing cookies if you consent.